Foundation of Hope provides grants to registered charities in Canada. As a registered charity, FOH must work in this capacity to realize a Vision that will help build strong communities of support and integration for LGBT+ Newcomers in Canada:
- Financially assist LGBT+ people under persecution to gain asylum as Refugees in safe countries, such as Canada, through the Sponsorship stream of grant funding; and
- Financially assist LGBT+ people under persecution to become integrated into Canadian life as Newcomers through the Community Services stream of grant funding.
Grant funding streams comprise the following:
- Sponsorship grants to Registered Charities that facilitate settlement groups to sponsor LGBT+ Refugees:
- Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAH),
- Constituency Groups (CG) existing as, or in partnership with Canadian registered charities,
- Urgent services related to sponsorship that involve LGBT+ Asylum Seekers and Refugees through registered charities in Canada.
- Community Services grants to Registered Charities that provide Newcomers resettlement services for LGBT+ individuals, including but not necessary limited to:
- Non-government funded health services,
- Educational services to enhance settlement and integration,
- Counselling and mental health services,
- Social services, and
- Secure housing.
Have a Question?
For any questions about our grants, including the application process, please fill out the form below.